Sticky Pork BBQ Ribs
These sticky BBQ pork ribs are fun to prepare and are so finger-licking good. A great meal to serve at a party, alongside a freshly made salad from the Salamanca Fresh deli.
- 2 racks of pork ribs
- 2 tsp liquid smoke or use a smoky BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- Freshly made salad from the Salamanca Fresh deli
- To prepare meat, pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper until evenly mixed
- Drizzle 1 tsp of liquid smoke over each rack of ribs. Divide spice mix between both racks and rub all over, front and back. Divide brown sugar between both racks and rub all over ribs.
- Lay out two long sheets of heavy duty foil and place a rack on each sheet, bone side down. Place another layer of foil over the top of each rack of ribs. Tightly roll the edges closed so that your ribs are completely covered by the foil. Place the ribs side by side on a large baking ray (ensure tray has a lip all around).
- Place tray of ribs in fridge to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees and cook ribs for 3-3½ hours until meat is tender and pulls away from the bone easily.
- Remove racks from foil and discard drippings. Place racks on baking sheet, fleshy side up, and spread ¼ cup or more (depending on preference) of barbecue sauce over tops of each rack of ribs. Grill in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until sauce becomes sticky and caramelized.